In episode 6 of season 2 of Podcaster Stories, I sit down with Tim Jahn of We’re Only Human.
We’re Only Human is a podcast celebrating the resiliency of the human spirit, through conversations with people from all walks of life.
Topics up for discussion this week include:
- how his early video show inspired the podcast
- the challenges he’s found switching formats from video to audio
- why going all in on the quality of the podcast is key
- why starting a podcast for the wrong reasons is doomed to fail
- why getting divorced completely changed his way of life
- how he feels he gets more out of the podcast than his listeners
- how recording his show always brought him out of any doldrums he was experiencing
- why curiosity drives the best experiences
- the single characteristic that defines resilience
- why we need to remind ourselves that we’re all making this up as we go along
- how one specific conversation about life being a series of train journeys blew him away
- how we can define our own lives
- what his goals are for the show moving forward
- what the unique value is that Tim can provide his listeners
- why his advice to new podcasters is to understand the motivation of why they’re starting
- why your podcast needs an elevator pitch
- why we need to forego imposter syndrome
- why his heroes are everyone he’s chatted to
Settle back for an open and free-flowing chat about life changes and recognizing our inner value.
Connect with Tim:
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samson Q2U Mic
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen Audio Interface
- TRITON AUDIO Fethead In-Line Microphone Preamp
- Denon DJ HP-1100 Over Ear Headphones
- RockJam MS050 Adjustable Mic Suspension Boom
- Dragonpad Pop Filter
The following transcript has been created using an automated service, so may not be 100% accurate.