In episode four of Podcaster Stories, I sit down with podcasting veteran Mark Asquith, CEO and co-founder of Rebel Base Media, as well as host of many podcasting shows and resources.
After getting started in podcasting way back in 2013, Mark realized there was a gap in the market for the kinds of tools and services that podcasters were crying out for. This led to the birth of Rebel Base Media and its slew of podcasting services, including podcast host Captivate.fm.
In this week’s show, I sit down with Mark to talk about his podcasting journey and where he sees the medium going next.
Topics on the menu include:
- How his love of the DC Universe first got him into podcasting
- Why he thinks like a geek when it comes to his approach to podcasting
- Why he’s glad the industry has moved away from tech gobbledegook
- Why podcasters need to buy into the Podcaster’s Presence Promise
- Why podcasters shouldn’t worry about sponsorship until they’re truly ready
- Why he believes Spotify’s entry into the podcasting world could be a bad thing
- How his hair metal past saw him appear on the same stage as rock legends Whitesnake
Settle back for an enlightening conversation about someone who’s immensely passionate about not just podcasting as a medium, but in helping those who want to be part of it, too.
Connect with Mark:
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rode Podmic
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen
- TRITON AUDIO Fethead In-Line Microphone Preamp
- Denon DJ HP-1100 Over Ear Headphones
- RockJam MS050 Adjustable Mic Suspension Boom
- Dragonpad Pop Filter