In episode seven of Podcaster Stories, I sit down with Lisa Gerber, owner of Big Leap Creative and host of The Gear Show.
After making her name as a communications pro and marketer, Lisa decided she wanted to attract more clients in the space – outdoor lifestyle – she was interested most in, and The Gear Show was born.
Talking with the people behind her favourite brands and companies, The Gear Show pivoted somewhat after 10 episodes, to feature more on the people behind the corporate front.
Topics up for discussion this week include:
- How the loss of clients and talking to friends led to the show idea
- How she started the show talking about gear before pivoting
- Why she pivoted to more personal stories behind the gear heads
- How she makes her guests feel comfortable
- Why researching guests makes for a richer experience
- Why Howard Stern’s interview technique is what she aims for
- The interviews that have had the most impact on her
- Why new podcasters should just start and not overthink things
- How she won her school’s award for a foreign language
Settle back for a fun, engaging chat about following your dreams, and why you should never be afraid to change even when something has been going for a while.
Connect with Lisa:
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rode Podmic
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen
- TRITON AUDIO Fethead In-Line Microphone Preamp
- Denon DJ HP-1100 Over Ear Headphones
- RockJam MS050 Adjustable Mic Suspension Boom
- Dragonpad Pop Filter