In episode three of Podcaster Stories, I sit down with Bob Reed, Communications Strategy Lead at Element-R Partners, LLC, and co-host of The Old Man Podcast.
After shooting the crap with his neighbour Dave over the years, both men realized they might have something that others may enjoy listening to as well. And so The Old Man Podcast was born, taking a look at life through the lenses of two men as they approach their 60th birthdays.
Bob also talks about why he’s so passionately vocal about the political happenings in his country, as well as why he won’t discuss religion. He also shares his mean impressions of the characters in the classic TV show, Taxi.
Topics on the menu include:
- When he and Dave first realized their neighbourly meanderings might make for a good show
- How a personal tragedy sidelined the show
- His goals for the relaunch of the show
- Why he isn’t apologetic for his political posts on Facebook
- Why religion is something he won’t discuss online
- The funniest line he’s ever heard, from the TV show Taxi
- His impression of the actor delivering that line
Settle back for a fun and engaging conversation about two friends making a podcast, and how that’s been received not just by older men, but women, too.
Connect with Bob:
Contact me: email@example.com
- Rode Podmic
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen
- TRITON AUDIO Fethead In-Line Microphone Preamp
- Denon DJ HP-1100 Over Ear Headphones
- RockJam MS050 Adjustable Mic Suspension Boom
- Dragonpad Pop Filter